Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pinterest, love it and I'm never disappointed

Okay, so I’m easily sucked in to the crazes I see on Facebook.  I now am a regular on Pinterest.  I absolutely love this site.  I scan the food, health, and do it yourself sites.  LOVE IT.  I finally decided to put my pins to the test last night and man oh man….DELICIOUS.  I made the Monterey Jack Chicken and Sweet Potato Wedges along with a salad.  Sweet Potatoes seem to be the new big deal in health food.  They have been around on holidays packed with brown sugar and marshmallows forever.  I have never been a huge fan of them but after reading in Fitness magazine and various other places their nutritional value to your diet, I decided to give them a whirl and I love them.  We all loved them.
Here’s the 411 on Sweet Potatoes: 

1.  High nutritional Value-1 cup provides 65% of your daily dose of vitamin C, they are also high in calcium, folate, potassium and beta carotene.
 2.  Sweet potatoes have low glycemic index of only 17 (doesn’t spike your blood sugar). 
3.  Good for your skin..many skin products use beta-carotene  which helps with skin aging
4.  Sweet potatoes are high in potassium, so they can help alleviate muscle cramps.  When you are stressed, your body uses more potassium so eating sweet potatoes can help from the negative health effects of tension
5.  You can grow these things EASILY in your garden

Okay enough of the Sweet Potatoes 101…just thought I’d share how great they are for you.  I got the educational bit from the web.  www.naturalnews.com  I’m very resourceful when it comes to researching things out and I will try my best to note my sources as I share things. 
Sweet Potatoes
I cannot find the pin on this one..I will update link later

Okay, the other thing I made was Monterey Jack Chicken.  This recipe was sinfully good.  My kids loved it.  In fact, it’s what I’m eating for lunch today.  J  I will provide the links for the recipes if you are interested. 
Monterey Jack Chicken
http://pinterest.com/pin/5488830766499745/
I had every intention of doing a 6 mile run and the Les Mills abs last night…it was a no go.  I spent some quality time with my husband and no children (this never happens).  Like I said, some sacrifices are worth it to me.  So this morning I did my killer cardio and burned over 1,000 calories.  I will do Les Mills Pump at lunch and then tonight celebrate the 6th birthday of my son Christopher and probably indulge in some homemade chocolate cake with no run again.  He’s worth the no run, but maybe he will want to join me for a few miles on the feet.  We shall see…out for now and go ahead and try those recipes, you won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment