Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First week in July...great family times are worth more than the gym and health food.

Perfect fillets of salmon if I do say so myself!
Copper River Red Salmon Chitina, AK  pure awesome!

Big D getting ready to go fishing in Valdez, AK

My soon to be 6 yo Son Christopher cooked the perfect marshmellow at Fielding Lake.


 

Chitina, AK Fish Wheels on the mighty Copper River

My Dutch Oven Dinner, one of the reason I didn't lose weight this week.  ooops

Dutch Oven cooking in Chitina, can't beat it. 

Port in Valdez, AK 

Cody and Christopher on Grandpa's Boat in Valdez
 So....long long weekend.  I decided I was going to kick the booze to the curb.  It was interesting going camping with our best friends while they partied like rock stars and we drank our water and watched.  I was still very amused and enjoyed myself...AMAZING right?  My diet for the weekend consisted of Reeces peanut butter cup smores...mmm mmm mmm.  Potato chips, marshmellows, heavy pasta in the rain and breakfast made for truckers heading up the highway for days...yes all of these are staples for camping.  I did eat carrots and sweet peas DUNKED in ranch dressing made with real sour cream.  Needless to say, I didn't really exercise this last week while traveling across Alaska on our great adventure.  I did however come home with a lot of healthy fish to cook up over the next year.  So this week I will start my healthy eating all over again and exercise...tomorrow that is.  We rolled in to the house around 10:30 pm and I had to clean up puke from the two year old several times.  Didn't make my gym date this morning but I didn't beat myself up either for getting that extra needed sleep.  This is the all in moderation part and taking it easy on myself as tomorrow is another day.  I do have to give a quick shout out to the almighty watching over me and my family.  Thank you for bringing us together and allowing us to enjoy each other and blessing me with such wonderful boys. 

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you can "fall off the healthy wagon" for some good family time and THEN get back on it speaks volumes about your determination and willpower. It would be so much easier to just stay off it... proud of you. (p/s... figure out how to make the photos bigger...some of us are getting older LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle I love your positive feedback! I know how to make the pictures bigger, I will make note for the next ones I post. :) Thank you for the words of encouragement.

      Delete