Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My accountability....ouch

So I decided I will post a picture from this morning after my brutal cardio workout.  To date I have lost 53 lbs.  It's been up and down since May.  Did I mention the inspiration for my diehard dedication is that I freaking turned 40 in May??  Well, I did.  I spent my 30's pleasantly plump and I certainly do want to spend my 40's that way.  Well at any rate, I was a Beach Body addict through my initial weight loss.  In order to be successful at this program, you have to change your eating habits and cut out alcohol (WHAT???)!  Yes I did...no beer.  I enjoyed not drinking actually.  What I have found is that I still bust my ass and eat healthy, but I lose maybe a 1lb here and there with that poison.  So, in order to meet my goals, bye bye ol friend.  So here goes, my accountability....I will post pictures of my progress on the last part of my weight loss journey  for all the world to see. I think this will help keep me on track and maybe help someone out there see that I am just a girl with a goal and you too can do it.  I guess I can look at this picture and not totally be disgusted with myself today.  I actually can see a curve and a belly button.  There are not rolls jiggling all over so yes I've come a long way. 

People ask what I do.  It's not easy. I have 4 boys.  3 of my boys are young.  8, 6, 2.  They require a lot of attention and I work full-time.  In order for me to make time to at least guarantee that one workout, I set my alarm for 4:15am.  Now, ask anyone that knows me...I am not a morning person.  My head will spin around and I think I may even breath fire if not I definitely spit it.  I don't enjoy people breathing my air nor do I like to be spoken to in the morning.  Now that I have been honest about my mornings, I can tell you that this new routine has changed a lot in my life.  I go and sweat and get my blood pumping through my veins.  I do a minimum of 60 minutes every morning before work.  It makes me a better person.  I am in a good mood when I get home.  I am smiling and ready to start my day.  I go home and cook breakfast and pack food for my husband and help get him off.  I use to to yell and shout in the mornings.  This has changed the dynamics of our house for the better.  Everyone gets started off on the right foot for a positive day.  Now, this is not the only workout of my day.  It takes work and dedication.  I try to workout every lunch hour and after work too.  I do have things that get in the way of that, but for the most part this is my routine 5 days a week.  I will give you more insight to that as I go on. 

1 comment:

  1. I've always found it astonishing just how many hows a day you dedicate to exercising. That takes real drive. I'm still in the "making excuses" stage.

    ReplyDelete